Risk Management Agency
Closed No longer open
Permanent - Full-Time
Open: April 20, 2016 ()
Close: April 27, 2016 ()
General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, And Compliance Series
Internal Job Number: RMA-16-0054-RMA-RS
Risk Management Agency
Department Of Agriculture
$51,286.00 - $66,668.00 Per Year26% below average
Pay Band: GS-1801-09/09
Who Can Apply?
You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by 11:59 p.m. EST on the closing date, including the following experience/education, as defined below:
You may start at the GS-09 level if you have one of the following qualifications:
- Successfully completed at least two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or master's or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major field of study that is related to the work of the position, and that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position.
- One full-time year of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service (or private sector equivalent). Specialized experience may be credited for work performed as an advanced trainee or assistant who works on segments of investigative assignments, receives detailed instructions and completed work is reviewed to assess the progress, determine the need for instruction and evaluate the technical accuracy and adequacy of work.
- A combination of graduate level education and specialized experience that qualifies for this position. Only graduate education in excess of the first year (18 semester hours) may be combined with experience under this standard.
College Transcript: If you are qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit with your application package evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution was appropriately accredited by an accredited body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education as equivalent to U.S. Education standards. You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process; however, if selected, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to entering on duty. Please refer to the "How to Apply" section for instructions on submitting the transcript.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent upon a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
CONFIDENTIAL FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT: If selected for this position you will be required to submit an Annual Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of your initial appointment date, and annually thereafter.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.
This position is assigned to the Risk Management Agency, Deputy Administrator for Compliance, Northern Regional Compliance Office in Eagan, Minnesota. As a Compliance Specialist, the following duties will be and performed in this developmental position:
- Serve as an investigator with responsibility to conduct on-site reviews and evaluations of Reinsured Companies and general Risk Management program operations to ensure compliance with FCIC approved policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in on-site entrance and exit conferences with review subject to explain review goals and methodology; acquire pertinent records and files for review; and to assist in presenting review findings.
- Assist senior investigators in reviewing problems, controversies or alleged or suspected irregularities in claim inspections and payments.
- Assist in written narrative of review reports, as applicable, explaining the findings and determinations of company/contractor violations and instances of noncompliance with policies, procedures and/or Risk Management approved guidelines and instructions.
Reemployment Priority List (RPL), Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): If you are claiming RPL/CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, provide a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal (at least "fully successful" or equivalent), and proof of eligibility, i.e., a RIF separation notice or Certification of Expected Separation, and SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. RPL/CTAP/ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified if achieving a rating of 85 or above excluding veterans points.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service, or are exempt from having to do so under Selective Service law. See www.sss.gov.
Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact: USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you will be placed under a career development plan, and may be non-competitively promoted if you successfully complete the requirements and if recommended by management. However, promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
This position is eligible for telework and other flexible work arrangements.