Air National Guard Units (Title 32)
Scotia, New York
Closed No longer open
Indefinite - Full Time
Open: March 28, 2016 ()
Close: April 28, 2016 ()
Internal Job Number: T16-281A
Air National Guard Units (Title 32)
Department of the Air Force
$36,069.00 - $46,888.00 Per Year17% below average
Pay Band: GS-0083-06/06
Who Can Apply?
New York Air National Guard membership required (See Announcement)
*This is an NGB Funded Indefinite Position* POSITION TITLE AND NUMBER: T16-281A,POLICE OFFICER, D2155000, GS-0083-06 LOCATION: 109TH, SCOTIA, NY 12302 DAFSC: 3P0X1 ANNOUNCEMENT OPENS: Monday, March 28, 2016 CLOSES: Thursday, April 28, 2016 NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the New York Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. This position is located in an Air National Guard Wing, Mission Support Group, Security Forces Squadron . OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: STATEWIDE STATEWIDE: ALL MILITARY TECHNICIANS IN THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD, ALL MEMBERS OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD (INCLUDES AGR). ENLISTED ONLY
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this POLICE OFFICER position, you must meet the following criteria.
All GS-0083 series personnel must be certified at the next higher level before being eligible for that level and must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in the grade immediately below the next higher level. Understanding of the basic principles and concepts of military security forces functions, laws, policies, regulations, rules, procedures, and methods. Also, have general experience performing functions such as weapon systems and resource security, air base defense, law enforcement; and, if applicable for the position, experience in handling military working dog functions or combat arms functions.
Is experience that prepares the applicant to perform the duties of the position. Knowledge is mandatory of: Weaponry, laws, directives, programs, policies, and procedures governing SF activities; installation security; weapon system and resource security; anti-terrorism; law enforcement and investigations; military working dogs; air base defense; training; pass and registration; civilian work force; and combat arms.
Has experiences in performing practical security force (SF) activities in direct support of the military weapon systems and physical security; law and order; or area security operations. Work experiences are in law enforcement, maintaining law and order, preserving the peace, and protecting life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of military installations. Has experiences in protecting federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. Has experiences in responding to disaster and relief operations and participates in contingencies.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of the full range of security forces, and police and law enforcement services which requires considerable training, experience, and proficiency to perform the full range of operations in preventing or resolving offenses.
2. Knowledge of standardized federal laws, regulations, methods, procedures, operating techniques, Air Force instructions, state, and local laws to perform tasks including, but not limited to, pursuing and apprehending persons fleeing a crime scene; performing dispatcher duties involving passing of directions and information to officers on posting assignments; seeking, detecting, and protecting evidence and witnesses at thescene of an incident; and detaining witnesses and suspects.
3. Knowledge of investigative techniques to adequately handle complaints and incidents whichmay entail performing initial investigative actions prior to transferring situation authority to other investigators.
4. Knowledge of security and security forces requirements, procedures, and tactics to support installation physical security and contingency operations.
5. Knowledge of firearms and tactics utilized in emergency situations.
6. Knowledge of alarm and electronic monitoring system operations and how to interpret signals and other outputs.
7. Knowledge of emergency services, tactics, and procedures to include, weapons and chemical agents, negotiations, building layouts, terrorist threats and counter terrorism methods, search and rescue techniques, crowd and demonstration control, etc.
8. Ability to use firearms in emergency situations.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(-Resume must have a ?from and to? date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year format. Ex: 02/2012 to 03/2013.
- Must indicate your salary for each experience worked in.
- Must state whether each experience is full or part-time status.
*If your resume does not have any of the above requirements, you will automatically be disqualified for the position.*)
2. OF 306 (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf)
- Not Required
The primary purpose of this position is to protect Federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. To maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation.
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
For a complete list of Job Vacancy Announcements available at the New York National Guard, please visit our website at http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/jobs.php?id=tech.